Barn located on the Lyon Centennial Farm. Patrick Lyon came to the township in 1852 and purchased the land using gold dust panned from California.
Tyrone Revisited, the first history of the township, was published in 1976 to coincide with the country’s bicentennial. This was one of the historical society’s first big projects.
This image of the Town House is from its second location on Center Road next to the township hall. After the township moved its offices to Runyan Lake Road. The historical society moved the Town House again so that it is once again next to the township offices.
The Historic Town House, built in 1887 is a registered Historic Building with the State of Michigan.
A Backward Glance was published in 2025 as part of the 50th anniversary celebration for the Tyrone Township Historical Society. The historial society’s book committee received the DAR of Michgan’s Excellence in Historic Preservation award.